6/13/12

"Lublu" by Sherwin Long

medium: Acrylic on wood
size: 12"x20"


This painting is a metaphor for how I interpret love. Love inspires me and keeps me motivated because it gives me passion and a new energy for life.  When you find that special somebody they can make you feel like anything is possible so it allows me to push myself past my limits. In a "good" relationship you and your partner should grow together and work to eliminate each others weaknesses. In the image I made my girlfriend into an Acacia tree growing from my heart and sprouting lilacs which are the flowers of new love, when you develop trust. I will be doing more paintings that are poetic and have some trippy visuals to express my emotions.  I wrote a poem that goes with this image and when the project is finished I will be releasing a graphic novel and poetry anthology when I get back to being productive.








No comments:

Post a Comment