2/25/12

"DMT Trip" by Sherwin Long

medium: graphite
size: 11"x14"
This piece was a commission for Loe Pesci's song DMT with Joe Rogan. I drew this while working on 12 other drawings, at times I felt overwhelmed because I didn't feel I had much time to breath.  So what I did was focus on this drawing for a whole day and make sure I did everything right.  I enjoy drawing when it involves collaging different elements together because it keeps me interested and engaged in the image.  I wanted to visualize what a DMT trip would look like.  So I watched documentaries and Joe Rogan's podcast to gain an understanding of what I was drawing.  This is a drug they call the "spirit molecule" that gives you an experience of another world made of energy, light, and geometric lines and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment